Online Lecture Topics
Practice Case Studies
Practical Session Schedule
Class begins at 8 AM with a mid-day break for lunch around 12-1 PM, afternoon sessions end between 5:30-6 PM. The evening session begins after dinner.
Hybrid WAFA Course Lab Descriptions
- Basic Life Support Lab: Addresses all elements of the Scene and Primary Surveys.
- 3rd Triangle Skills Lab: Addresses SAMPLE History, physical exam, & vital signs and SOAP documentation in preparation for full simulations.
- Wound Cleaning Lab: Pig’s feet are used for training realistic wound cleaning.
- Basic Extremity Splinting Lab: Padded aluminum splints are used to improvise effective extremity splints using the buddy & cast splinting concepts. This requires a cut T-shirt roll and a pair of heavy hiking socks; the socks will not be cut.
- Focused Spine Assessment Lab: How to assess and rule out possible spine injuries in a wilderness context.
- Simulations: Role plays incorporating patient assessment & documentation. Makeup is used to increase the reality of traumatic simulations and cuttable simulation clothing is required.